For getting started you can watch our video where we will show you how to setup our Magento extension:
Or please follow those few steps to get started Algolia Search extension:
Create an Algolia account
- Create your Algolia accout. The sign-up wizard will guide you through Algolia’s onboarding process. Pay extra attention to choosing your Algolia datacenter. Select the one which is the closest to your datacenter.
- Once you are logged into dashboard, get your Algolia credentials from the “Credentials” left-menu.
Install the extension
Install the extension via modman by:
$ cd /path/to/your/magento/directory
$ modman init
$ modman clone https://github.com/algolia/algoliasearch-magento.git
- In your Magento administration navigate to System > Configuration > Catalog > Algolia Search administration panel.
- In Credentials & Setup tab configure your Algolia credentials.
Force the re-indexing of all sections you want to synchronize with Algolia. In your Magento administration navigate to System > Index Management. There hit Reindex Data button next to these indices:
- Algolia Search Products
- Algolia Search Categories
- Algolia Search Pages
- Algolia Search Suggestions
Congratulations! You just installed Algolia extension to your Magento store!